As the coronavirus (Covid-19) continues to affect on the South African population, the KHR Attorneys team has dedicated itself to providing you with the do’s and don’ts of the 21 day lockdown, which we shall update daily. We aim to become a source of trusted information during the lockdown, therefore, all information presented will be sourced from Government platforms and verified news networks.
21 Day Lockdown Rules
· You will be allowed to collect social grants.
· You will be allowed to buy food.
· You will be allowed to seek medical attention.
· You will be able to visit the pharmacy for medicine.
· A gathering of 50 people will be allowed at a funeral.
· You will be allowed to access public transportation for essential services during specific times.
· You will not be allowed to go jogging in public.
· You will not be allowed to walk your dog in public.
· You will not be able to buy alcohol as its sale and movement has been banned.
· All gatherings have been prohibited, including gatherings on public roads, buildings, places and premises.
· Movement between provinces is prohibited.
· Movement between districts is prohibited.
Places you will be prohibited from accessing
· Public Parks
· Flea markets
· Public swimming pools
· Private and public game reserves
· Holiday resorts
· Shopping malls (excluding grocery store and pharmacies at the stores)
· Any place normally open to the public where religious, cultural, sporting, entertainment, recreational, organisational or similar activities may take place.